Comprehensive and compassionate care at the most critical times
When emergency strikes, experience matters. The emergency departments at Advocate Children’s Hospital share campuses with Level 1 trauma centers, allowing our highly trained team to provide the highest level of specialized care for trauma patients of all ages.
An experienced team of pediatric emergency physicians and nurses trained in pediatric critical care take a family-centered, multidisciplinary approach to treating the full range of minor to critical illnesses or injuries in children and young adults. We are uniquely equipped to care for our youngest patients with pediatric-appropriate equipment and drug information.
Why Choose Us?
- Our pediatric emergency physicians are board-certified (or double-board-certified) and fellowship-trained in emergency medicine, pediatric emergency medicine and/or pediatrics.
- The emergency nurses are experienced in the latest advances in critical care, and many of them are certified in Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS).
- We are one of the few children’s hospitals to have received the highest designation by the state as a Pediatric Critical Care Center by the Illinois Department of Public Health and the Emergency Medical Services for Children program. The designation reflects that we have the highest level of specialized pediatric critical care and emergency care services to meet the unique needs of our pediatric patients.
- All pediatric rooms are private and boast child-friendly decor.
- The center also provides after-hours immediate care when a child's regular physician is not available.
Emergency Conditions We Treat
From minor mishaps to critical illnesses or injuries, the emergency services department can handle it all.
- Abdominal pain
- Broken bones or sprains
- Complex pediatric disorders
- Congenital heart disease
- Cuts and contusions
- Dizziness and fainting
- Head trauma
- Significant neurologic disorders
- Skin infections
Services and Treatments
Our state-of-the-art diagnostic tools and treatments, along with our specialized critical care services, enhance the care that each child receives in our emergency departments.
- Advanced trauma services
- Airway management
- Bone repair
- Critical care transport
- Diagnostic imaging
- Inpatient pediatric and adolescent unit
- Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
- Wound care
Meet Our Care Team
Our skilled emergency services team at Advocate Children’s Hospital partners with parents and physicians in many different specialties to provide the highest quality care to children.
Find an Advocate Children’s Hospital doctor.