Your partner in taking on heart disease
At Advocate Children's Hospital, we care for hearts with exceptional compassion. Our internationally recognized pediatric cardiology and cardiovascular surgery program is one of the largest programs in the Midwest and attracts patients from around the world.
Serving as a leader in pediatric cardiac surgery, our internationally known Heart Institute offers our patients outstanding care based on the latest advances in research and development.
As part of our commitment to the highest quality care, our patients have access to the most innovative technologies and treatments and the most up-to-date patient education information.
We offer a complete continuum of pediatric cardiovascular care - from the developing fetus all the way to the adolescent as well as specialized care for the adult with congenital heart disease.
Why Choose Us?
- Nationally recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of the Top 50 Pediatric Cardiology Programs.
- Advocate Children’s Hospital's Heart Institute is the one of largest pediatric cardiology programs in the Midwest, treating more than 12,000 patients per year, performing more cardiac surgeries than any other program in Illinois.
- We provide comprehensive services from the initial cardiac diagnosis, to pre- and post-operative consultation to long-term cardiac rehabilitation.
- Our facility provides the full range of state-of-the-art diagnostic testing, including echocardiography, CT, MRI, exercise stress testing, cardiac electrophysiology, cardiac catheterization and intervention.
- We perform approximately 2,000 fetal echocardiograms each year to diagnose life-threatening heart defects—experience that leads to greater accuracy and best outcomes.
- The renowned pediatric cardiac surgeons at Advocate Children’s Hospital have trained at leading medical institutions and perform the majority of all pediatric cardiovascular surgical procedures in the Chicagoland area.
- Our state-of-the-art Pediatric Surgical Heart Unit, one of the oldest dedicated pediatric heart units in the world, is primarily geared for children with heart disease and staffed with experienced nurses dedicated to their care.
- Advocate Children's Hospital's Heart Institute, is a national center for research and development, pioneering advances in pediatric cardiology and pediatric cardiac surgery.
Conditions We Treat
Our collaborative team of pediatric cardiovascular experts is experienced at treating a full range of cardiovascular conditions in children, including, but not limited to:
- Acquired heart conditions
- Adult congenital heart disease
- Complex lesions
- Congenital heart disease
- Chest pain
- Heart failure
- Metabolic syndrome
- Tracheal abnormalities
- Vascular disease
Services and Treatments
Fast, accurate diagnosis is the key to the best possible treatments and outcomes. We combine clinical excellence, along with the most current techniques to treat cardiovascular conditions.
- Cardiodiagnostic services
- Comprehensive cardiac intensive care services
- Comprehensive electrophysiology program
- Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation (ECMO) and other life-saving technologies
- Extensive range of cardiovascular surgical procedures, including complex neonatal and adult congenital
- Fetal echocardiography and arrhythmia management
- Noninvasive cardiac imaging
- Pediatric cardiac catheterization and interventions
- Sports screening
- Transesophageal and intracardiac echocardiography